Director: Yoon Sung-sik, Kim Yeong-jo
Writer: Park Eun-yeong
Stars: Park Seo-joon, Go A-ra, Park Hyung-sik
Revolves around an elite group of male youth called Hwarang who grow through passion and love in Seorabeol, the capital of the Kingdom of Silla.
Basically, Hwarang is a group of beautiful men that were supposed to look after Silla’s future. The plots also revolved around ‘half-breed siblings’ rejecting royal siblings.
Why see this drama?
- There are lots of beautiful men. They really are beautiful I felt insecure whenever they all get together.
- These beautiful men always bath together.
- They also love playing in the water–while doing the laundry, other work, and even when just resting by the creek–they tend to want to get wet whenever they are near a body of water.
- Of course, they have to have a k-pop performance–old Korea style boyband dance.
- Out of the three dramas I saw so far starring Park Seo-joon, I think this is the one where he performed best.
- I love the concept of the drama. The vibe/feel is similar with Love in the Moonlight. It’s light, cool, fashionable.